Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Walking & Walking


I hope everyone had a happy & safe 4th. We went to the ball game Fri night and that gave me a chance to test out walking in slow moving crowds at the end. I shuffled along pretty well, and when I found an open space I went for it! They also had a huge display of fire-works at the end.

We went to the lakes Sat morning and I got lots of walking in going back and forth to beach and camper. I don't think it was any big amounts. I wasn't sitting on my tush the whole weekend! LOL

The kids blew off fireworks at the beach but the mosquitoes were terrible. I did get some good photos of the moon though!

Today at gym I walked TEN laps alone. It took 20 min, but I'm not concerned about time. It's the fact that I'm doing this. My time will increase one day, I'm just doing what I can. I feel fine and could have kept going, but i knew i should stop and rest. Then Charlotte and i walked 5 more laps at 8 35 min. So 15 laps total. I keep increasing laps even though I said I should try to maintain the 13 laps. Then I got my stretch in by Charlotte, my favorite part!! I get very relaxed after!

Then I came home and watched Michael Jackson's memorial. I thought it was done very well w/ great respect to Michael. Some people could give a rip about all this media coverage. I think he deserved this. He was the King of Pop and i will never forget him or his music. I grew up w/ his music so it is a big part of my life. He was a bit odd, but nobody is perfect. This memorial showed him for the human he was.
I didn't mean to go on about Michael, just wanted to share my thoughts.

Be well all!

1 comment:

  1. I knew I would be inspired Joey :) You are the bestest!!

    ReplyDelete