Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Keep on Keepin' on!

Today was a good day and I'll admit I am proud of myself. I did the rower first, then I walked around the gym. I guess it takes 12 laps to equal 1 mile. I did about 3-4 w/ small breaks where I sat for 30 sec to 1 min. I then proceeded. By the end my walk was getting sloppy and I was feeling tired. I sat on a mat and did a few stretches for about 5-10 minutes. Charlotte said she had a few minutes and would walk a lap w/ me (although I think I used up her lunch time), well we walked 3 laps and I felt good, srong, had a steady even stride. Had no feeling where I needed to sit down. Which was sooooooooo impressive. In fact a couple of times I tried to race her! I don't know why but I felt like I did much better walking w/ someone - maybe it was the sense of security. It is more fun walking w/ someone. When I did it alone I stayed very focused, to the point I couldn't look at anyone. I know this is my first time and this is all new to me, but I was very impressed by what I accomplished. I don't feel overly exhausted now. I feel like I could walk to the grocery store. I just don't want to get rained on. Knowing my luck it would start to pour as soon as I left. It was pouring earlier.
I'm looking forward to gym Thursday. I want to try a lap again and see how many times i need to sit. Charlotte said she'd walk w/ me again before she stretches me (my favorite part!)!
So on goes my journey. Woo-hoo!! Keep on keeping on!
Thanks Charlotte for walking w/ me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment