Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Happy December

I'm a bit behind on my blogging. Oops-a-daisy!
I've been getting things geared up for Christmas. Took my dad out to get his gift as he is so hard to buy for, as is my mom. She mentioned she'd like a charm bracelet, so I ordered her one and now I have to get my nieces and nephews something. Been waiting paitently for my sister to give me ideas. Because it never fails that if i go ahead and buy something, then someone else has too. I'm usually done and wrapped by now.

I'm trying to take a photo a day for the Daily December challenge. I've been practicing taking photos, haven't uploaded them yet.

I got all my cards stuffed, stamped and mailed. I love sending cards!

I'm still keeping at it at gym. I'm a little annoyed some of my jeans no longer fit. I can't get them up past my thighs without squirming and kicking. So I gave up and I think I will just give them to a shelter. I don't know how my legs and butt could enlarge so much - they fit fine last spring! Grrrr - my PT guy said I'm just gaining muscle; which is a good thing.

So the last three times I was at gym, here are my results on the Lite Gait:
20.23 minutes at .86 and a speed of 2.3
20.13 minutes at .86 and my speed fluctuated between 2.3 and 2.5
Dec. 7 Scott had me do some endurance tests and asked if I wanted to do the Lite Gait after and I said yes. I passed all my tests; just need to keep the time up. Then Terrance hooked me up to the Lite Gaite. I really felt good and strong. I went for 27.13 minutes - I kept my speed at 2.3 and bumped it up to 2.4 towards last leg. I wanted to go at this speed as i had done so much before with the endurance tests. So I thought this speed would work best and I felt great, kept a steady pace, back was straight and I made it, I went a little over a MILE at 1.13! So now I just have to keep that up and hopefully by the time the 5k rolls around, i'll be in much better shape. Plus after that I did a bunch of running around in stores. i wasn't literally running around in the stores, but you get the idea.
Happy Decemeber. Its cold up here. We are having a heat wave Thursday at 25 degrees!
Woo-hoo!
Thats all from this end for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment